Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Greg Brady Moment - Starman


Ok, if you need a description of what a Greg Brady Moment is, click here.

Now then, would someone like to explain to me why Starman was such a badass fighter? I mean, the guy was a scientist, but he acts like he was a Green Beret or something. Sudden, unexplained mastery of hand-to-hand combat = Greg Brady Moment Number 2 here at CMNS.

Then again, if Reed Richards was a judo master, maybe all test tube jockeys have to study martial arts to get their degrees. I certainly wouldn't know. I was an English Major. I read stuff.

3 comments:

SallyP said...

My daughter is a biology major, but they have a secret lair.

Anonymous said...

Like all things the secret is found in the Bill and Ted movies.

It's time for the big battle of the bands but they don't know how to play their instruments. They disappear and reappear a minute later with beards. We learn that they traveled in time to some secret place mastered their instruments, fathered some kids and come back a moment later to win the contest.

Know you know and knowing is half the battle!

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, MIT has pretty good fencing and sharpshooting teams (at least, they did in the 90s when I was there). There were also plenty of classes in archery, boxing, etc. It's no Taskmaster's Academy, but yeah, they do attempt to train nerds to fight. Plus, all the LARPing must ... okay, I've gone too far now.