Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Al is Better than You!


I didn't understand the point of this kind of crap as a child, and it makes less sense to me now. Am I supposed to feel badly because I'm not like Al? Am I supposed to feel badly because I don't want to be like Al? I never knew how I was supposed to take it when my old man would point out how awesome other little boys were and what a disappointment I was because I spent my evenings reading instead of watching television with the family (sadly, that was one of many insane things he said - you just can't make some stuff up).

Nice choice of shoes there, "Outstanding Boy." I can imagine Al's head was shoved into many a flushing toilet in high school.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Why didn't he make it as President of the U.S.A ? What year was that ad from?

Anonymous said...

combine phys ed and medicine?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'll bet he became a doctor and sold Lyle Alzado (sp?) or Jose Canseco their first steroids!

just a hunch
Alan aka jettblackberryx@yahoo.com

Mithel said...

Your dad really said those things? Now I just want to give you a big ol' hug. =(

Anonymous said...

Allen is my hero! He is so dreamy!!

Adam Barnett said...

This ad was from Adventure Comics #128 - oddly enough, it doesn't have any legal info inside, but there is an ad with an expiration date on it of 1948, so that's my guess.

Joe-Pa said...

Anybody notice the number of Thom McAn STORES went UP, but the number of cities went DOWN? Interesting...

Ugh. The things I notice...