Friday, September 28, 2007

A Few of Our Favorite Words


"Glands" is a word you just don't see often enough these days. I think if you can't say something nice about someone, you should compliment their glands.
________________________________


YES! The word "seamen" makes another appearance.... and this time, they're invading! That's what happens when you don't have protection, kids!
________________________________


I try not to pick on every he-man comic ad I find, but I have never heard the phrase "chicken-chested" before. It seems like the chests of chicken are the meatiest part, so I'm not sure why that's a slam.

By the way, I don't worry about how "popular I am with the boys." Ever. That's not going to get me to work out, so you can peddle that line with someone else, because it's a "no sale" here.

And, just so you won't think I'm lazy.... John Sill, despite his movie star body, was never credited as having been in any movie that I can find, and I looked. So, we can just presume he was just another gymrat.

2 comments:

Jeremy Rizza said...

Did they really have to downplay the "of handsome hard-hitting" part of the ad? Is that an unwanted side-effect? "Just look at the poor dope! Sure, he's got muscles, but they're not homely, limply-slapping muscles like mine! Let's gently kick his ass!"

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let everyone know that in honor of a special blog milestone my column today is open to the readers to create in the comments section. I have a great list of funny topics, and you can write what you like on any of them. It can be a sentence or two. It can be one hundred words.

But it is yours to create. So come on by and have at it.