Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Retrospective Monday

Oh, my lovelies, it is positively wonderful to be back! I hope those of you that celebrated the Thanksgiving holiday had a great one. I got to see the nieces and nephews on both sides of my family (ranging from age 4 to 21), and it warmed the cockles of my heart to see what compassionate, kind-hearted people they were becoming. I had nothing to do with it, but it still made my heart swell with joy. I love each and every one of 'em as if they were my own.

But enough of that. Here's a picture of Pa Kent tossing a photo of his adopted son into a blazing fire:


I love the unnecessary exposition taking place here with Pa Kent. My nephew, Freddy Kent, is coming tomorrow, Martha! He 's the boy we're adopting! I realize this is for our benefit, but what an awkward recap.

Then again, old people talk strangely sometimes. Hand me my sweater! That's the sweater I wear when I'm cold! I bought it at Montgomery Ward's! They used to have a soda fountain where you could get a green river fizz!

__________________________________


We don't believe in sloppy sentimentality here in the mid-west. If your sister marries someone your family likes better, you're pretty much out luck!
(I keed, I keed.... I love my bro-in-law to pieces).
___________________________________


A jetstream emitted behind it that kills the person who loaded it? Sounds like the hazards my Beloved faces when she throws me my dinner on Taco Night! Better get a running start, sweetie! I feel the emissions a'comin'!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone build a weapon that would kill the person using it? How would you even test such a thing?

Sea-of-Green said...

Yeah, I agree with Tracer Bullet. Why in the world would Ollie create such a thing? Was this a scheme that Cold War-era Ollie had for taking out some of those rotten Sputnik-launching Commies? "I know! I'll create a satellite arrow and sell it to the Soviet government! THEN, when they go to LAUNCH the thing ... Mwaaa, ha, ha, haaaaaaaa!"

Anonymous said...

Ah, DC! Even though we're reading a Superboy comic and can clearly see Superboy doing the narration, they still assume we're too stupid to figure out that Clark and Superboy are the same guy without the helpful parentheses! Kind of reminds me of the first John Stewart story in GL/GH where the story ends with "John (Green Lantern) Stewart will return." Y'know, in case we suddenly forgot the content of the story we just read...

E. Bernhard Warg
Posting anonymously because I don't wanna bother getting an account.

SallyP said...

Yessirree, this arrow will kill the person who uses it...hey Speedy! Wanna give it the old college try?

Or maybe Clark could just give it to Ma and Pa Kent. "Un-adopt ME, will you!"