Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Super-Hazin' Tuesday!

Many of the covers from World's Finest v1 had the theme of Batman and Superman screwing around with Robin. Here's a classic from #20:


Sure, it was all in good fun until Robin developed that bulimia.

Know what really bores me about Superman? I mean, besides the fact that he's so powerful you really can't come up with an interesting opponent for him? The way everyone fawns all over him, no matter how big of a schmoe he's being:


What? You realize, the man just left you floating in the ocean like a loogie because he doesn't want to be bothered with hauling you back to shore. But those people do everything short of knitting him a cardigan. People like that annoy me to no end.

Now this, my friends, is some confusing artwork:


Okay, near as I can tell, Green Arrow smacks a guy from behind so hard he does a loop-the-loop into Speedy's right arm, crushing it out of existence. Speedy is also missing a head. But that guy in the lower-left corner rocks my world.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

SallyP said...

"Wheee! Sound effects?" may be some of the greatest dialogue that I have ever read in a comic book.