Friday, February 27, 2009

Explainin' the Housing Crisis thru Comics Friday!

From World's Finest v1 #29:


Happiness or the electric chair? This is the most badass version of CandyLand I've ever seen!
_________________________________

For our reader's overseas, allow me to explain the current housing crisis in America:


In 2006, Joel was seduced by a mortgage broker's creative financing options....


.... and by 2009, was wishing he had purchased within his means.

That's pretty much how it went down. Except I don't know of any homeowners going to the death row just for that. Yet.
____________________________________

Here's another classic Batman Combat Maneuver Against an Armed Opponent:


Swing from a makeshift trapeze while he shoots at you. Wheeeeeee!

See you Monday!

4 comments:

Murfyn said...

I've been trying to cut down, but I just can't resist:
Easy Money and the Electric Chair would be a good band name . . .

Thomas Fummo said...

Batman looks so happy.
PUSH ME HIGHER! HIIIIGHEEEER!!!!
*blam*

SallyP said...

I can't help but giggle at the "easy money" comment, considering how many of those cheesy old ads in the back of old comic books were advertising exactly that.

Don't sell GRIT! It's the road to the electric chair!

And if Sally was smart, she'd get her fiance to dump the bright green coat. I mean, really!

Maurizio Ercole said...

Great blog!!!