Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tough Bat-Love Tuesday!

Back after a long weekend, we be! Nephew Sam and I have birthdays very close together, so we celebrated over the weekend. Long story short, I'm awesome at Laser Tag, it's not a good idea to have me spend the night at your house lest I put my head through your Sheetrock, and we have a stray black lab I found wandering the streets currently crashing at my pad. So how was your weekend?

Better yet, how are things going at Wayne Manor? From Batman #10:


Heh, heh. Hope you enjoyed that birthday spanking, Dick!

But, Bruce! This is my third birthday in two months!

You sassing me, boy?

__________________________________


As a policy, I don't automatically put up a panel just because the word "gay" is used, but it's funny in this case because it makes Bruce even more of a jerk than he usually is.
__________________________________



You see? Children who fib get eaten by large snakes! Everyone knows that! Now bend over and take your birthday swats....
__________________________________

And let's have a little Fun with Out of Context Dialogue!(tm!)


I hated it when that happened. Those puberty years are the worst.

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

wiec? said...

i was a little grumpy and a little groggy coming back to work after a 3 day weekend. then i read this post.

thanks for the chuckles. i needed them.

Anonymous said...

Don't wanna' talk about it. When do we get the special-edition "Dogs Make No Sense" post ?

-- cleome45

D.B. Echo said...

I guess this was when Batman was going through his whole "Papa SPANK!" phase. "Spanking the Joker" sounds like a euphemism for something.

I don't think I've heard the phrase "Don't get gay!" used in any context relevant to what's going on here. Is Batman saying "Don't engage in tomfoolery, you rascal!" using terms that are even MORE archaic?

SallyP said...

I must admit that the head through the sheetrock statement has me all a'twitter. But dinosaurs, spankings, and giant snakes are good too.

Elrossiter said...

ha ha bloody brilliant!
batman pinch me! i. . . i think i see a man in a green leotard covered in question marks causing a hullaballoo!
don't get gay! look its your birthday again, you know the possition!

elrositter