Monday, August 31, 2009

The Wonders of Gaberdine Monday!

I tried the demo of the Batman: Arkham Asylum game. I don't have an XBox 360 or a PS3 - I was just taking Beloved for her weekly Target run and I was bored. I have to say, that was pretty awesome.

Do you know what else was pretty awesome? This:



I've gotta say, that looks might spiffy, but why (oh why?) do they have to ruin it by putting that picture on the back of the cape? Who doesn't know what Superman looks like? Hmmmm.... red cape, big S on the front.... I'm not sure who you're trying to be there, Billy. Are you Daniel Boone?

Although my mom would probably get it wrong. She always gets that sort of thing wrong.

But you get the idea.

And the "billowing" cape? I'll be you cash money that cape was about as "billowing" as a bath towel draped over your shoulders. Heck, not even Superman's real cape ever "billowed." It just kind flapped around. Now Batman's cape "billows," which is one of many reasons Batman rules.

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arkham Asylum is a REALLY good game (I was surprised by the demo, and even moreso by the actual game). The gameplay's entertaining through and through, but more importantly the setting is so well-done and immersive. Something the full game has the demo doesn't: Interview tapes with select patients. Killer Croc, Scarecrow, and the Riddler were particularly entertaining in my opinion.

So getting the outfit makes you Superman's fan, Superman's buddy, AND a Superman of America (although that last might be the special mangazine)? I've certainly made worse buddies for seven dollars.

SallyP said...

Batman's cape does billow, but that's because he supplies his own wind.

Joe S. Walker said...

Here in Britain we have a law called the Trade Descriptions Act, and I bet if a cape didn't "billow" you could be prosecuted for saying it did.