Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You'll Hear My Lengthy Story and You'll Like It Wednesday!

I was always a big fan of subscribing to comics. This was before the days when there were comic shops who would pull your titles and hang on to them for you. Back when they were just on wire racks at the grocery store, it was a hunt that never ended and critical issues were often missed, so I liked knowing that my favorite titles were going to come to my door.

But this is not the way to sell me:


So, I can either talk with Superman, who is looking like a telemarketer ready to commit identity theft, or I can deal with Batman, who looks like he's waiting in the bushes to bludgeon me the moment I leave the house. Thanks anyway, World's Finest #140!

A lot of people got bumped off in the pages of All-Winners Comics. By the time we hit issue #11, the Torch is starting to come across like that scrappy elderly lady from Murder, She Wrote:


You can solve the crime, but first we have to hear a lengthy story? Hmmmmm... never mind.

I'll never understand why that Murder, She Wrote lady ever got invited to social engagements. The woman was Typhoid freakin' Mary.

Hey! It's time for Fun with Out of Context Dialogue!(tm!)



And, for no reason other than because it was awesome (and they did have their own comic for a time), the Muppets perform "Bohemian Rhapsody."



I loves me some Animal. I really do.

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Michael Jones said...

The Torch also hates Christmas decorations for he's on an UNHOLLY mission!
(ps. that Muppet video is awesome. I must be the final holdout for not linking to it.)

SallyP said...

God, I miss the Muppets.

vancouver mark said...

That was the single most moving music video I've seen in years. I cannot believe that I was so moved by and felt such affection for the freaking Muppets.
By the way, I had to go without a computer for eight or nine days. Reading four of your posts in one go was wonderful! Thanks for all the good entertainment you provide, Adam.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.