Friday, April 30, 2010

It's All Fun Until It Ends in Tears Friday!

I'm not a big fan of practical jokes, because they're rather mean-spirited. F'rinstance:


Why, Robin, you've caught me with the old.... tie a rope around my foot and tie the other end to a fire hydrant gag! A classic! You scamp!

Seriously, what the heck was that?

Although that doesn't hold a candle to this one:


Why, Robin! You crouched behind me so that when I was struck, I would lose my balance and impale myself onto this over sized tack! I'm hemorrhaging with laughter, I am! Now, would someone please summon medical help before I bleed out?

This is really unpleasant. We'll start over Monday.

4 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

That second cover would be so much better without the text box that drones on and on. Viewing from the top down, it looks pretty impressive: Batman has just clocked the Joker with some sort of stiff-armed roundhouse punch, sending the Joker, dazed, careening backwards through the air....but what's this? He's actually toppled over the prone body of Robin, and he's going to fall on a giant tack? And then nearly a quarter of the cover (not counting the title treatment) is taken up with blah, blah, blah.

J. L. Bell said...

The second image is actually a splash page from the same magazine. And a honkin’ big box full of Bill Finger’s prose was the standard way to introduce Batman stories.

Alas, neither the cover nor the splash page necessarily shows an actual scene in the story, or anything like it.

Vic | Brochures said...

So Joker is planning to pull the banana peel prank and Robin is doing a Macaulay Culkin stunt, now I've seen everything.

Anonymous said...

This is why Joker beat Robin to death with a crowbar.