Friday, October 1, 2010

I Would Be Most Happy to Serve Thee, Fair Maiden Friday!


Hey!  It's some Disembodied Floating Heads! (tm!)  We haven't seen those in a while!

As a lad, I'm not sure I would have warmed up to Catman's (or "Cat-Man," as the case was in the first issue) sidekick.  I mean, I had problems enough taking pride in my reading material when Robin was running around in those short pants, but to make it a girl on top of everything, well...


Yeah, there's no way to make her cool.  The Kitten is after me!  Auuuuggghhh!

Hey!  Check out The Hood!


That's a pretty flimsy mask, don't you think?  One strong breeze and you can kiss that secret identity good-bye.

Not to mention that it leaves your chin exposed, which is a problem when taking a punch from a guy who is engulfed in flames:


That was a Moment of Comic Book Greatness (tm!) if ever I saw one!

Sure, I'll fight you!

Okay, take this!

AIIIIIIEEEE!

Another backup story was the Golden Archer, who not only didn't wear gold, but didn't seem to like wearing pants, either:


Not that I'm saying it's not a good read.  I mean, there's giant devil birds and this sort of thing:


They come a runnin' just as fast as they can, because every girl crazy 'bout a man with no pants!

Did you get it?  Sing it to the tune of ZZ Top's "Sharp-Dressed Man."

I'm sure we're always surprised when someone thinks I actually know what I'm talking about (Goodness knows I am).  So, here's an article from Comics Period wherein I let the Pearls of Wisdom drop from some orifice in my body where I share what I've learned about self-publishing and the upcoming Hero Action Persons graphic novel I'm putting together with the uber-talented Obo Bieber!

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

MarvelX42 said...

No comments?

That last panel......yeah I saw that por....err movie.