Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jury Nullification, Spidey-Style! Tuesday!

The Prowler first appeared in a two-part story found in Amazing Spider-Man #78 and 79.  He has his supporters, but I've always found him rather whiny and uninteresting.  He also wears green and purple, which just never works.  Anyway, here's where he fusses and moans to Spidey after he gets caught. 


"You've hurt no one"?

"You've stolen nothing"?

Ladies and gents, I give you Exhibit "A"....


Yup, when Spidey first laid eyes on the Prowler, he had stolen from the Daily Bugle and assaulted a security guard into unconsciousness.  I'm pretty sure that counts as stealing and hurting someone.

Yes, you nerds, I realize that the Prowler was just temporarily stealing the money so he could recover it and look like a hero.  I'm also aware that Spider-Man's appearance kept him from successfully leaving with it.  You know what?  It doesn't matter.  The man committed a robbery, which is worse than just stealing something.  YEESH!

So Spidey basically allows another criminal to run right past him, just like he did before he ever even became Spider-Man back in Amazing Fantasy #15.  I expect more from my masked vigilantes, I do.

Here's my kind of protest, from Amazing #69:


Yeah!  Make some frosting!
Bake a cake!
Eat it all!
Get a stomach ache!

I really don't know where I was going with that.  I think I just wanted to show off my own mad protest skillz, y'all.

Hey!  Random Slap!(tm!):


Thanks, Amazing #70!

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

For once, you actually have a good point. Spidey shouldn't have let him go. Are you happy now?!?!? I agreed with something you said. lol

Britt Reid said...

I showed your blog to my old pal Bruce during an interview at the Daily Sentinel offices about his ground-breaking research into gamma radiation.
I thought he would find it as witty and amusing as I do.
He was less than pleased with your comment "He also wears green and purple, which just never works." in the current entry.
Bruce stalked out muttering something like "...smash puny blogger..."
You might want to lie low for a couple of days... ;-)

La Belle Esplanade said...

Green and purple work just fine in New Orleans. They're Mardi Gras colors (with gold). The three together would make the rockingest superhero costume in America. Green-purple-gold resonates in this corner of the U-S-of-A more than even red-white-and-blue.