Thursday, January 20, 2011

SLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAP Thursday!

Here's a moment from Adventures of Superman v2 #26 that I don't understand:


Pretty self-explanatory, right?  Someone whose name I forget puts bad mojo on Superham via a vodoo doll.  So, bad things happen to the doll means bad things happen to Superham, right?

So, why is everything all better when the doll gets all squooshed like that?  Wouldn't that trauma be transferred to Superham and kill him even if the doll was destroyed in the process?

And I'm not just picking on Superham here (though it does come quite naturally to me).  Any time I see a story with a voodoo doll I can't help but think the person who is affected by the doll should be going to great lengths to be certain that doll comes to no harm whatsoever.

I dunno.... any voodoo practitioners out there who want to field this one?

Meanwhile, let's check out the best Random Slap (tm!) ever, from Flash v2, #22!:


When Wally West slaps you, you know you've been slapped!

And check out Suicide Squad: From the Ashes:


That's right.  Someone finally slaps Amanda Waller.

Until she regains consciousness:


I love Amanda Waller.  Off to the Character Hall of Fame with her!

See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Ha Ha :D

The Asparagus Sausage Llama said...

I have a little nitpick: You mention "Adventures of Superman" #26 when it is in fact Superman vol 2 #26. Adventures of Superman was a separate series (the old Superman vol 1).

You may now commence with the bitch slapping!

Adam Barnett said...

Asparagus - I could never keep that straight. Thanks for the clarification!

MarvelX42 said...

What happens to the doll only happens because of what the person doing it is doing to the doll. It is just a way of focusing mental energy to a goal. So being that the guy who crushed the doll wasn't the one doing the voodoo it simply breaks the spell being that the focus is destroyed. Now if the other guy had crushed it then yes, Supes would be soup.

Adam Barnett said...

Marv knows way too much about this sort of thing... :-)

MarvelX42 said...

I do know alot about the paranormal. I am in essence the Fox Mulder of this group.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

i couldn't agree with you more about Amanda Waller: http://suicidesquadtaskforcex.blogspot.com/