Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Free Enhanced CMNS Content... No Download Required!


From Amazing Spider-Man #227, which gives us enhanced version of two CMNS memes:









Disembodied Floating Heads... Ex-Girlfriend Edition! (tm!)

and


Random Bitch-Slap.... Headless Edition! (tm!)

Now, I barely got into the first few pages of Amazing 228 before I came upon this: 


Applesauce and peas struck me as a pretty weird dinner combo.  It appears that his main dish is applesauce, and there's some peas on the side.  So, the guy could be on a soft and/or bland food diet.  I worked in a hospital kitchen in high school, so I'm pretty hip and sympathetic to that sort of thing.

But I'm also a curious sort, so I used the Google to run a search on "applesauce and peas."

And I'll be danged if I didn't come across this.

That doesn't sound even slightly appetizing, but maybe that's a thing for some people.  I was trying to think of some weird food combination I liked, but I'm one of those people who is very methodical about eating: I finish eating one food item before I eat the next, and I don't like my food to touch.  If I could talk Beloved into letting me eat out of those compartmentalized trays like they have in schools and prisons, I'd totally do it.

So, not that my dear readers are a particularly chatty bunch, but I was wondering if you had any weird food combos that you'd like to confess share?  If so, put 'em in the comments!  It might be fun!

See you tomorrow!


5 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

First, the only thing that goes with applesauce is pork chops http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgqDpLyXsg0

I am for the most part like you Adam. I likes me food separate. I have done afew things here and there on occasion tho. I once ate cheesy poofs with orange slices. I don't know how it happened, but it was actually good. But yeah, my dad buys bread with nuts in. I likes nuts, such as cashews, peanuts, etc and I likes bread, but I don't really like the nuts in my bread.

Adam Barnett said...

I can handle nuts in the bread if they're finely ground. It gives it some texture and flavor. But cheesy poofs with orange slices??? That's a new one... :-)

Buzz said...

Floating heads and headless bitch slap! In one blog post! Adam, you are the awesomest.

I love some of the conversation about green peas and applesauce.

"I hate peas!" ... "As do I, but they are pretty good with applesauce." ... and "Frankly, I think you are crazy just based on the fact that you eat peas!"

I like slices of cheddar cheese on top of peanut butter on bread or toast. The sharper the cheese the better. For many many many years I thought I had been introduced to this practice by my father, but when I went back home to visit and told him about it, he said I was totally crazy and he would never ever eat toast like that.

Adam Barnett said...

That sounds a little weird at first blush, but then again, I like those prepackaged peanut butter on cheese-flavored crackers, so you're probably on to something. Although cold cheese as a rule grosses me out :-)

MarvelX42 said...

Yes, that brings up another thought Adam. If a food was originally hot I don't like it cold, ever with one exception. I don't like cold pizza. I however do like cold popcorn. If I make a huge mass of it and can't eat it all I put it in a ziplock and put it in the freezer than I eat it later. It is really good that way. But yeah.