Thursday, September 19, 2013

In Which One of My Most Inappropriate Posts Ironically Discusses the Introduction of "Archie"

So I finally reach issue #22 of Pep Comics.  Why "finally," you ask?


Well, any hardcore comic nerdlinger worth his salt knows that inside this issue, despite the cover showing a cleated Axis boot about to squish the world despite a warning from the Hangman...

... has the first appearance of Archie.  Yes, that Archie.  Read on:


Yup.  The Archie universe with Jughead, Reggie, Betty, Veronica and the rest of the Riverdale Gang begins right here in this very ish!  And, of course, I'll be covering Archie in the days, weeks... nay years to come because I'm a big Archie fan.  Jughead rules my world... I can't pretend he doesn't.

Meanwhile, even the bad guys in other stories appear determined to be more kid-friendly:


"Blankety-blank?"  That may be overkill.  I never knew even the most over-protective parent to be offended by the use of random symbols as swearing.  Heck, $%(*@!, Donald Duck used "symbol-swearing" all the time.

Meanwhile, it's time for another installment of Well... Touche! (tm!)
 


Well... Touche! (tm!)

Okay, the following is an example of two memes that, when put together, become something so awful that I'm not sure I even have a name for it.  These two panels were not consecutive... heck, !#$%!, they weren't even in the same story, but they were in the same issue and... well, all I can do is apologize.

So, here's the first panel, a fine example of Lapses in Judgment (tm!):


Okay, ONCE AGAIN, the following Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (tm!) had nothing to do with the previous panel, but I acknowledge it's 10 times filthier (ergo, ten times funnier) when you read the two together:


Again, I apologize.  It just happened to fall that way.

See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

I know you are gonna do Archie and thta is cool, but I hope that you don't stop with superheroes. Also this is the first "Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (tm!)" That I would really like for you to show the context on.

Adam Barnett said...

It's not nearly as funny if you see the context, Marv! Trust me... sometimes it's best to not see the man behind the orange curtain. And I have no intention of stopping with the superheroes... I enjoy them far too much! :-)

Adam Barnett said...

In other words.... yeah, I'll be covering Archie here and there, but he'll just be part of the rotation... and probably a pretty light one at that. The early stories are pretty head-scratchin' though!

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

archie and spider-man, too? I know I'm asking a lot. :)

MarvelX42 said...

I realize that it wouldn't be as funny with the context, but I would like to see it anyway please.

Adam Barnett said...

We're probably going to go back to Spider-Man, Wayne... at least, the ones from the 70s and the 80s.