Monday, September 9, 2013

Strangling People Apparently Gives You Great Muscle Definition in Your Fingers

And we're back!  Well, actually, I'm writing this on 8/30, as I do all my posts a day in advance these days, but I assume I'm back and that I had a very restful time.

So, let's take another look at Pep Comics #20:

The Hangman was (dare I say it?) in full swing (get it?) by this time in Pep Comics, and was given who I think gives the Joker a run for sheer creep-factor: The Jackal.

No, not the one responsible for that Spider-Man "Clone Saga."   This guy:   


Egad!  As if that weren't enough, he had just climbed out of a coffin. Kudos to writer Joe Blair and artist George Storm for cranking out this little bit of eeeeeeeeew.

We now resume the...


And, of course, it didn't end there.  You see, the Jackal escaped when he faked his execution with the help of a corrupt doctor and, well....  it's time for an installment of He Probably Should Have Seen That Coming (tm!):


You know someone is freaking out when their cries for help don't even fit into the word balloon.


This has been another installment of He Probably Should Have Seen That Coming (tm!).

And now, let's segue into Well... Touche! (tm!)



Well... Touche! (tm!)

And since we're making up for my vacay time, let's keep going with some Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (tm!):


Enough of this droll humor.  Let's check out an ad for Black Jack:


I'm not sure I understand the threat to law-breakers.  I mean, if you're dealt a Black Jack , don't you automatically win?  I'm not a hardcore gambler by anyone's definition, but I'm pretty sure a Black Jack is exactly what you're going for and I'm pretty sure a criminal would know this.

Good to be back (I assume)!  See you tomorrow!

No comments: