Tuesday, May 20, 2014

In Which Adam Finds Humor in the Suffering of Another



Action Comics #311 and 312 had a two-part story, which meant you'd have to part with dang near an entire quarter back in the day to read the whole story.


Frankly, I'm surprised it took him over 300 issues of Action Comics to come right out and declare himself King of Earth.

Anyway, here's an interesting puzzler:



So, what do you think?  Would you bow before a king of another nation if you were a visitor in that country?  This is why I rarely leave the house.  For the record, though... if I go to someone else's land, I'm obliged to follow their laws, so I'd be a-bowin'.

Here's one of my favorite sequences of all time:


Well... or you could just try and give him a paper cut, but I guess this would work.


Okay, (A) Why don't you make the robot's uniforms bullet-proof?  It seems like I could easily tell a Superman robot if all I have to do is put a hole in the uniform.

And, (B)... HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!  You dummy!


Strike an arrogant pose?  I never thought I'd see the day, but circumstances demanded it:



I know I seem mean, but since hardly anything except Kryptonite ever bothers Superham, this is hilarious.  The only thing that would make it funnier would be if he were to fall head-first into a pond.


HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!

Oh, that whole thing tickled me for some reason.

See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

Uhm, if that was Kal, than why wasn't he invulnerable?

Gummboote said...

Notice the total absence of on-panel bleeding. How times have changed.

MarvelX42 said...

But they still do the clothes stretching whenever someone gets stabbed thing at the big two. They never or at least almost never show anything stabbing all the way through a body. At least not since the last time I saw comics.

Professor Chaos said...

Wait, it's his suit that's bulletproof? That's not one of his super-powers?

Also, do they really need to put "Superman" in parentheses in Clark Kent's name. I'm not a comic book guy or a super-hero guy at all, but even I know Clark Kent is Superman!

Adam Barnett said...

Professor, Superman's costume is traditionally as tough as he is, because it came from Krypton (it was the fabric his parents had wrapped him in). In a leap of logic, Superman's heat vision could act as "scissors" so Ma Kent could do the actual seamstress work. In the 1980's, John Byrne made it not so tough. But as a general rule, Superman AND his costume are bulletproof. In this particular story arc, Supes had been exposed to Red Kryptonite and split into two beings... an evil super-powered Superman and a good non-powered Clark Kent. This was Clark Kent disguising himself as the evil Superman. Aren't you sorry you asked?

MarvelX42 said...

I'm not sorry that that question was asked or answered. I like to get the whole story. :-)