Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's SUPER-HORSE! He's Going to Attack!

 From Action Comics #302:


That's right!  It's Comet the Super-Horse attacking Washington, D.C.!  I'd be outraged, but I get sick of those campaign telemarketers and ads on tv and radio, so I'm kind of hoping he pulls it off.

That can't be Ronald Reagan, can it?  Because it sure looks like Ronald Reagan.

Meanwhile, over in Blue Beetle #53:


Fate... or as your pharmacist might call it, "rohypnol."

Remember how I mentioned yesterday that Joan was a reporter for a newspaper called  "The Daily Planet"?  By this issue, it was called "The Daily Banner," so I'm not sure if that just wasn't someone's colossal screw-up?

Just to show you how haphazard things are here at CMNS, I've now got access to the first issue of Blue Beetle, so I guess we're going backwards.  Anyway,  I see this:


So, if I understand this correctly, Daisy used to send you ways of harassing your loved ones.  Ralphie from A Christmas Story had nothing on Bob.  Although Bob looks pretty drugged in that last panel, so maybe he did it all himself in and just imagined that Daisy was telling him to do it.  Bob probably needs major intervention of some sort.  

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

First: Wait, so two things about "Super-Horse"
(1) why is there a hyphen in that name? I remember that Superman, Superboy and Supergirl didn't have a hyphen and that the reason (or one of the reasons) that Spider-man DOES have a hyphen was to reduce confusion if you only see the name printed between Marvels best known superhero and DC's best known superhero.

(2) Superhorse (I aint puttin the hyphen) is so well known that random people on the street know about him? They don't have the slightest clue about Supergirl, but Superhorse, well everyone knows Superhorse, right?


Seond I can't see the bottom of that Daisy reminder ad. Did it cost money to get those reminders? Cause if it did then THAT is the scheme. Daisy would make money by kids buying those reminders then money off of the parents buying the thing for their kids to get them to stop putting scrapes of paper everywhere.

Adam Barnett said...

I don't think they charged money for the kit... that's a marketing investment that probably paid off pretty well. As to the Supergirl situation, I don't know exactly when this happened (my access to Action Comics isn't complete, or it happened in another title), but all of a sudden Linda is adopted and her adopted family knows she's Supergirl. When and where that happened I'll leave up to the Superman Family experts unless I stumble upon it in my travels. :-)