Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Charlton Heston Doesn't Have Squat on Batman

Have you been checking out The Flash on the CW?  It was great the first few episodes, but Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold has created a critical mass of awesomeness.  I'm surprised I don't have to buy a ticket to watch this show.

Anyway, on to Batman #128!


It's one thing to get a Random Slap! (tm!)  But when you receive a Random Slap (tm!) from an alien... well, you better believe you have just received a Random Slap! (tm!)

But it was what happened next that made me pause:


Sound familiar?


I KNOW, RIGHT?

And for those of you keeping score, this story was published years before the classic Planet of the Apes movie, even dating the Pierre Boulle novel upon which the movie was based by a few years.  So, once again, Comics Did It First (tm!).

You know what we haven't seen in a while?  A gigantic camera.


Wow!  Thanks, comics!  With a fully functioning flash and everything!  Although it makes me wonder how much they had in the budget for replacement gigantic flashes because you know people were hitting that button every chance they got.

I was going to put in a panel from Robert Gillis today, but I have to hold off, because I found yet another CMNS Moment.... of Comic Book Greatness! (tm!)


This has been a CMNS Moment.... of Comic Book Greatness! (tm!)

See you tomorrow!

No comments: