Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tommy Tinkle Refuses to Speak Using the Letter "E"

Wow, I've been swamped.  No promises for the next few days, but I'll do what I can.  Bear with me!

Meanwhile, from Hit Comics #2... Who's the half-naked caped dude that's a sex machine with all the chicks?


Hercules.... Joe Hercules.

He's a half-naked man and no one understands him but those wooooooommmmeeeennnn!

Sorry.  I had this on the brain:


Hey, wasn't there a paper shortage in the 1940's that caused a lot of comic books to be destroyed?  I think I've figured out where that shortage came from:


It seems like if you're printing newspapers big enough to be a quilt for an average-sized man, you're using too much paper in the process.

Kids, ask your grandfather what a newspaper is.

What was the Red Bee's relationship with those bees?  I used to think he just trained them, but I think he actually viewed them as pets:


See?  Granted, the Red Bee was pretty unimaginative in naming his bees, but considering how many bees are in a hive, he probably went through a lot of names.

Speaking of unfortunate names:


For those who don't know, "tinkle" is slang for "urinate."  This would have been a hilarious feature if it had been about a character with bladder control issues.

But it wasn't.

Let's wrap things up with some Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!):


I guess not everything about prison is that bad.

  Zing!  Thank you, thank you!  Drive home safely!

I'll do my best, gang!  Hope to see you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

Mike the bee would also be a girl! :-)

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Adam: Michael was the main bee, the only one with a name. The one Red Bee trusted to lead the other bees he kept in his belt buckle. And who wouldn't have been able to get back to his "partner" because bees cannot see the color red.

But wouldn't it have been cool if RB's belt buckle was an entrance to the Phantom Zone or the Still Zone or that dimension Phantom Girl lives in?

And tell me you wouldn't love to see PG floating out of RB's buckle. That's why Dan DiDio needs me to write new series for them. I'd even let you co-plot.

Adam Barnett said...

But is the world ready for us, Wayne? Can the world handle such a collaboration, or would it bring about the end of civilization as we know it?